Activity with foodstuffs, receiving official instruction and certificate ("health certificate")

Instruction and certification according to § 43 Infection Protection Act (IfSG)

If you come into contact with foodstuffs in the course of your work (for example, if you produce, handle or market foodstuffs) or clean food contact materials (for example, dishes), you need a certificate from the public health department confirming that you have attended instruction in accordance with Section 43 of the Infection Protection Act before you start working in the food sector for the first time.

Persons who regularly work in kitchens of restaurants or other communal catering facilities must also attend a training course.

Note: This certificate replaces the earlier health certificates (according to the Federal Law on Epidemics). If you already have a health certificate, you do not need to attend any instruction. The old certificates continue to retain their validity.

Single Point of Contact

For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Health department of the city council or district office.

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


You want to work in the food manufacturing or processing industry, food retailing or food service, or start your own business.


For the instruction you must make an appointment with your health office. After the instruction you will be issued the certificate über the participation.

If there is a suspicion that a person has impediments to the issuance of the certificate (for example, if there is a suspicion of a disease that can be transmitted through food ü berttragen can be), the certificate is issued only when, in addition to the instruction, a ärztliche examination was carried out and the disease suspicion ausgeräumt.

Required documents

  • valid ID with photo (for example passport, identity card)

Release note

Saxon State Ministry for Social Affairs and Social Cohesion. 17.06.2020