Many communities offer parents whose baby or toddler is to be cared for care by a childminder (occasionally also a childminder) as an alternative to a place in a daycare center. If the parents agree, this is also possible for older children from the age of three until they start school.
If the municipal provider arranges the caregiver itself, the caregiver will always have a care permit. This document gives parents the assurance that the caregiver and his or her home environment have been checked for suitability to take in daycare children.
Youth welfare office of the municipality or the district office or local agency of public youth welfare services
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- physical and mental health
- the child should be at least 6 months old (exception see "time limit / duration") what does this refer to?
- in some municipalities, for a full-day care place, you need proof that both parents are employed, in education, or that there is a special need for help in the family
Mediation by local public youth welfare agency
- Ask the municipality or the local youth welfare office (Jugendamt) to recommend a caregiver.
- Introduce yourself and your child to the caregiver, make sure that the type of care meets your expectations.
- By mutual agreement, you conclude a childcare contract with the childminder. It contains legal agreements and regulates, among other things, the daily care time.
- Some childminders accept babies after the end of the maternity leave period (children from the age of eight weeks); registration is then by arrangement.
- Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate
- The caregiver needs the health certificate and proof of vaccination
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 07.04.2021