Application for a position at a kindergarten (three to six years)

Would you like your son or daughter to attend kindergarten? It certainly makes things easier for your family if the facility is not too far from your place of residence or work. In larger cities, you can select all kindergartens from a list provided free of charge from the city or municipal administration.

Contact the management of the desired facility. Ask about their care and educational services.

Registrations are usually performed via the facility’s sponsor, i.e. the municipal government for municipal kindergartens, and the management of the respective sponsor association for non-governmental facilities.

Note: If your son or daughter was a "day-care centre child" at the same facility up to the age of three, the child-care contract continues to run, without the need for a request, even after your child has moved to the kindergarten group.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Keine zuständige Stelle vorhanden.

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


  • Good physical and mental health


Look for a suitable kindergarten. In larger cities and municipalities, the town hall provides a free list.

Communal facilities

  • Enquire at the facility itself whether it is suitable for your child.
  • In larger cities, you can put your children’s names down for several kindergartens. The communal sponsor determines which of the listed facilities still have space available. At every facility, children whose older siblings are already admitted will be given preference.
  • Have your child examined by a paediatrician before he / she starts attending the centre, and ask for a medical certificate.
  • The day-care centre’s management requires a certificate of health and immunisations.
  • The sponsor will conclude a child-care contract with you before your child is admitted. This contract will contain legal agreements, and will govern the daily care time.

Facilities run by independent sponsors and private operators

Enquire about the registration formalities directly with the centre’s sponsor or operator.

Required documents

  • Medical certificate
  • Proof of immunisations


Regardless of the sponsor: Registration should generally take place six months prior to the desired start date. Last-minute applications can be lodged if spaces are available.


Parent contribution in Saxony: at least 20, maximum 30 percent, of running costs. The municipal or city council determines the exact amount in a statute.

Release note

Based on the German version authorized by Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Kultus