Application for a position at a kindergarten (three to six years)
Would you like your son or daughter to attend kindergarten? It certainly makes things easier for your family if the facility is not too far from your place of residence or work. In larger cities, you can select all kindergartens from a list provided free of charge from the city or municipal administration.
Contact the management of the desired facility. Ask about their care and educational services.
Registrations are usually performed via the facility’s sponsor, i.e. the municipal government for municipal kindergartens, and the management of the respective sponsor association for non-governmental facilities.
Look for a suitable kindergarten. In larger cities and municipalities, the town hall provides a free list.
- Enquire at the facility itself whether it is suitable for your child.
- In larger cities, you can put your children’s names down for several kindergartens. The communal sponsor determines which of the listed facilities still have space available. At every facility, children whose older siblings are already admitted will be given preference.
- Have your child examined by a paediatrician before he / she starts attending the centre, and ask for a medical certificate.
- The day-care centre’s management requires a certificate of health and immunisations.
- The sponsor will conclude a child-care contract with you before your child is admitted. This contract will contain legal agreements, and will govern the daily care time.
Facilities run by independent sponsors and private operators
Enquire about the registration formalities directly with the centre’s sponsor or operator.
Based on the German version authorized by Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Kultus