Registration for admission to a day care center
If you want to send your son or daughter to a kindergarten, the facility should not be too far from your home or workplace. In larger cities, you can select kindergartens of all providers from a list that you can obtain free of charge from the city or municipal administration.
Contact the management of the desired facility. Ask about the number of places available and the focus of the program.
Registration generally takes place with the institution's sponsor, for municipal kindergartens, for example, with the municipality; for institutions run by independent sponsors, registration takes place via the institution with the management of the respective sponsoring association.
Management of the day care center or the municipal or city administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
Pick a kindergarten that suits you.
- Ask locally if the facility is a good fit for your child.
- In larger cities, you can register your children for several kindergartens. The local authority will determine which of the listed facilities still has a place available. In each facility, priority is given to children whose older siblings are already being cared for there.
- Have your offspring examined by a pediatrician before starting care and ask for a medical certificate.
- The management of the childcare facility requires the health certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
- Before admission to a facility, the provider concludes a care contract with the parents. This contains legal agreements and regulates in particular the daily duration of care.
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 26.03.2021