For children of elementary school age, Saxon cities and municipalities have to provide a demand-oriented offer of after-school care.
If you would like to have your child cared for in an after-school care center outside of school hours, you can register directly at the facility. Many elementary schools have an after-school care center, but a number of kindergartens and daycare centers also offer after-school care. You can apply for an after-school care place directly at the after-school care center or at the daycare center.
Contact the management of the after-school care facility or day care center.
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Find a suitable after-school care center or childcare facility that offers after-school care. In larger cities and communities, you can get a free list from the city hall/municipal administration.
- Ask on site whether the facility is suitable for your child.
- Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
- The management of the facility providing care will need the medical certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
- Before admission to a facility, the provider concludes a care contract with the parents. It contains legal agreements and in particular regulates the daily duration of care.
Non-governmental and privately run facilities:
Inquire about the registration formalities directly with the non-governmental or private operator of the after-school care center.
- Sächsisches Gesetz zur Förderung von Kindern in Tageseinrichtungen (Gesetz über Kindertageseinrichtungen, SächsKitaG)
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs 07.09.2021