Architects / urban planners (abroad), show temporary and occasional activity with the Chamber of Architects.
Temporary and occasional provision of services without list registration according to §§ 35 and 36 Saxon Architects Act (SächsArchG)
You have neither a residence nor a branch office in the Free State of Saxony and do not practice your profession predominantly here? Under certain conditions, you can also use the professional title architect, interior architect, landscape architect or urban planner without being registered in the corresponding lists at the Saxon Chamber of Architects.
Before you as a foreign architect, interior architect, landscape architect or urban planner provide services in the Free State of Saxony for the first time, you must notify the Chamber of Architects of Saxony.
In addition, you can also be authorized to submit building documents under certain conditions without using the professional title of architect or interior architect.
Note: You do not need to notify the Chamber of Architects of Saxony if you have already notified the Chamber of Architects of another federal state of the provision of your services.
Professional title from the country of origin
If you are established within the EU or a state equivalent to these states, you may temporarily and occasionally provide services under the professional title that you use in the state in which you are established. Please note, however, that there must be no confusion with the professional titles "architect", "interior architect", "landscape architect" or "urban planner", which are protected under the Saxon Architects Act. However, you do not belong to the Saxon Chamber of Architects as a compulsory member.
Professional obligations apply. As an architect or interior designer, you are entitled to submit building documents in the Free State of Saxony to the same extent as in your country of origin.
Acting under the protected professional titles
You cannot or do not want to use the professional title from the EU member state or the equivalent state for temporary and occasional activity (examples: There is no corresponding professional title or you are not established in these states)? In this case, the Saxony Chamber of Architects must check whether your professional qualification is equivalent to the requirements here before you start practicing. You may then use the protected professional titles "architect", "interior architect", "landscape architect" or "urban planner".
Attention! If you use the professional titles "architect", "interior architect", "landscape architect" or "urban planner" without authorization, the Saxony Chamber of Architects is authorized to prohibit you from doing so. The unauthorized use of the professional title is an administrative offense that can be punished with a fine.
- If you have an academic title (e.g. Dipl.-Ing., Bachelor, Master etc.), you are entitled to use this title irrespective of whether you use the above-mentioned professional title.
- In the case of an academic title based on a foreign educational designation, you use the title in the language of the member state of origin with the addition of the name and location of the educational institution or examination board that awarded the educational designation.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
- Architektenkammer Sachsen Home addressGoetheallee 37
01309 DresdenPhone+49 351 31746-0Fax+49 351 31746-44
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- neither residence nor establishment nor predominant exercise of profession in the Free State of Saxony
- temporary and occasional exercise of the profession (service) in the Free State of Saxony
in the case of establishment in EU member states or equivalent states
- Proof of establishment
- for professions regulated in the state of establishment: Proof of fulfillment of professional qualificationfor
- professions not regulated in the country of establishment or the training courses: Proof of practicing the profession for at least 1 year during the previous 10 years.
For service providers from other states and if a professional title from EU states or a state equivalent to these cannot be used:
- Proof of a professional qualification that is equivalent to the respective registration requirements of the Saxon Architects Act (determination of equivalence).
Before you provide services in the Free State of Saxony for the first time as a foreign architect, interior architect, landscape architect or urban planner, notify the Chamber of Architects of Saxony. The notification must be made in writing, use the form provided (available here via Amt24 or via the Saxony Chamber of Architects).
- Inform us in an informal letter that you intend to provide services for the first time; enclose the completed notification form and the other documents with your letter. If necessary, apply for the recognition of your professional qualification (determination of equivalence) at the same time.
- The Saxony Chamber of Architects will confirm receipt of the documents and, if necessary, inform you which documents are missing.
- If you meet the legal requirements, you will receive a certificate of registration in the corresponding register at the Chamber of Architects of Saxony.
Attention! Please inform the Chamber of Architects of Saxony immediately about essential changes compared to the situation you have certified with the submitted documents!
Note: A notification is not necessary if you have already notified your service provision to the Chamber of Architects of another federal state.
- Notification of intention to provide services as a foreign architect, interior architect, landscape architect or urban planner in the Free State of Saxony (form) and
- Proof of identity (original or certified copy)
as well as
for applicants established in an EU member state or equivalent state in which this profession or training is regulated:
- Certificate that you are legally established in these states for the purpose of exercising the activity in question and that the exercise of this activity has not been prohibited (in any form).
- Proof of education (original or certified copy)
- Indication of the professional title in the country of establishment
in which this profession or training is not regulated:
- Certificate that you are legally established to practice the activity in question in these states and that the practice of this activity has not been prohibited. (in any form) Certificate of education/proof of professional qualification (original or certified copy).
- Certificate that you have practiced this profession for one year during the previous ten years (in any form).
For applicants from other countries
- Proof of education (original or certified copy).
- Proof of at least two years of professional activity in the relevant professional tasks (in any form)
if you wish to use the suffix "freer"
- Proof of autonomous and independent activity (in any form)
- Proof of the existence of sufficient liability insurance (single copy).
- You must add a translation in German to certificates of education and proof of professional experience that are not written in German. Only publicly appointed or sworn interpreters or translators are authorized to translate.
- In individual cases, the competent body may require further documents or translations in German.
- Written notification: prior to commencement of the service activity in Saxony
- Confirmation of receipt: within 1 month after receipt of application
- Validity of the certificate: 1 year (renewal on request annually by 1 year)
Note: You should start your service activity immediately after the notification. If the equivalence of your professional qualification has to be determined first, you may only start working after you have received the confirmation of the Chamber of Architects.
Electronic signature / Signature
Who can use the electronic signature?
Anyone who has documents that have been issued or recognized in the Federal Republic of Germany or by an EU member state or a state equivalent to it.
How can I sign electronically?
A qualified electronic signature is required in order to fulfill the signature requirement for electronic applications. This is the only way to ensure that the sender's identity can be reliably established.
Your application and the necessary declarations require your handwritten signature. According to German law, your application form must have a qualified electronic signature in order to be considered signed. You will need an appropriate program for this. You can obtain electronic signatures from:
- Trust service providers (according to the directory of the Federal Network Agency) or
- the Bundesdruckerei (for citizens with a new identity card/nPA or electronic residence permit).
When submitting electronically, it is sufficient to submit simple copies for the required evidence. In justified cases, the Saxony Chamber of Architects is entitled to request certified copies.
- § 1 Sächsisches Architektengesetz (SächsArchG) – Berufsbezeichnungen
- § 35 Sächsisches Architektengesetz (SächsArchG) – § 35 Vorübergehende und gelegentliche Dienstleistungserbringung, Führen der Berufsbezeichnung durch auswärtige Architekten und Stadtplaner ohne Listeneintragung
- § 36 Sächsisches Architektengesetz (SächsArchG) – Anzeigeverfahren, Verzeichniseintragung, Berufspflichten
- Gebührenordnung der Architektenkammer Sachsen
- Richtlinie 2005/36/EG des Europäischen Parlaments und des Rates vom 07.09.2005 über die Anerkennung von Berufsqualifikationen
Sächsisches Staatsministerium des Innern. 07.07.2017