Application for a permit under Section 21 of the Weapons Act (WaffG), Commercial Weapons Manufacture, Weapons Trade.
If you want to buy and sell firearms or ammunition, you need a firearms trading permit.
You can apply for a permit either for all types of weapons and ammunition or only for individual types of weapons and/or ammunition.
If you want to manufacture, process or repair firearms or ammunition, you need a firearms manufacturing permit.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Regulatory authority of the municipality or district office (weapons authority)
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
Requirements for arms trade
The applicant or the head of an enterprise, a branch office, a dependent branch office must meet the following requirements:
- personal suitability
- required reliability
- professional qualification:
- Registration in the register of craftsmen as a master gunsmith or
- proof of professional qualification by means of a technical examination
Requirements for gun manufacturing
In order to obtain a permit to manufacture firearms, the applicant or the head of a business, a branch or a dependent branch must prove that they are
- are personally suitable
- have the necessary reliability and
- meet the requirements for an activity requiring a permit in the case of craft operations in accordance with the Crafts Code.
The applicants must:
- be German in the sense of Article 116 of the Basic Law or
- have their habitual residence or commercial establishment within the area of application of this law
If, for example, you need a deputy during your absence, they must meet the same requirements as you.
As the owner of the trade, you apply for a deputy permit for your deputy in this case.
- Application form (available upon request from the relevant office)
- Identity card or passport
- Foreign nationals - with the exception of EU nationals - also require a residence permit entitling them to engage in self-employment. The same applies to a comparable dependent activity as managing director of a legal entity or as deputy of a natural person.
- Proof of professional qualification
- for companies entered in the Commercial Register, additionally an excerpt from the Commercial Register.
Please contact the relevant office to find out what other documents may be required.
Note: If electronic forms are available in Amt24, you can access them via the "Forms/Online services" list in the top right-hand corner. If the application is for a legal entity, e.g. limited liability company, limited partnership, general partnership, the above-mentioned documents must be submitted for the legal entity itself. With the exception of the personal documents as well as for each authorized natural person, such as the managing directors.
- Validity of the permit: The respective permit expires if the permit holder has not started the activity within one year after the granting of the permit or has not exercised the activity for one year. The periods may be extended for special reasons.
- Notification of commencement and cessation of operations: Permit holders must notify the competent authority of the commencement and cessation of operations as well as the opening and closing of a branch office or a dependent branch office within two weeks. The notification of the commencement of operations or the opening of a branch office must name the person in charge of the respective management.
- Notification in the event of a change in personnel: If a company or branch manager is hired or leaves the company, the holder of a firearms trading/manufacturing license must notify the competent authority immediately. The same applies to legal entities (e.g. GmbH, KG, OHG) if the representative appointed by law, articles of association or partnership agreement changes. The same applies to legal entities (e.g. GmbH, KG, OHG) if the representative appointed by law, the articles of association or the partnership agreement changes.
- § 21 Waffengesetz (WaffG) – Gewerbsmäßige Waffenherstellung, Waffenhandel
- § 21a WaffG – Stellvertretungserlaubnis
- § 22 WaffG – Fachkunde
- § 23 WaffG – Waffenbücher
- § 15 Allgemeine Waffengesetz-Verordnung (AWaffV) – Umfang der Fachkunde
- § 16 AWaffV – Prüfung
- Sächsisches Kostenverzeichnis (SächsKVZ), laufende Nummer 99, Tarifstelle 13
Saxony State Directorate. 31.01.2019