Attorney-at-law, applying for admission as a member of WHO member states.

If you want to establish yourself as a lawyer in Germany as a national of a member state, you must be admitted by the local bar association. For this purpose, you should exercise a profession that is comparable to the German profession of a lawyer.

Note: The application for acceptance must be accompanied by a certificate from the competent authority in the country of origin stating that the applicant belongs to the profession. This certificate must be submitted to the Bar Association annually. If you fail to comply with this obligation, your admission to the Bar will be revoked.

When using your professional title, you must indicate your country of origin.

Single Point of Contact

For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Kein Onlineantrag vorhanden.

Zuständige Stelle

Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


  • You are a national of a WHO country.
  • You are practicing a profession equivalent to that of a lawyer.
  • You have taken out sufficient professional liability insurance.




You can obtain the application form from the Bar Association or online via the form link in Amt24. Submit the completed and signed application with all required documents to the Bar Association.

The Bar Association will check the admission requirements.

  • If the admission requirements are met, you will be admitted to the Bar and will receive a certificate of admission.
  • Upon admission, you may practice in the field of the law of your home country and international law.
Notes: The competent bar association will issue you with a certificate of successful admission. You must use the professional title of your home country.

Required documents

  • Application form (original)
  • Proof of citizenship (original)
  • Certificate of professional affiliation from the competent authority in the country of origin (original)
  • Proof of professional liability insurance


Costs of proceedings: EUR 225,00

Release note

Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 20.01.2014