Breeding, keeping of animals, trade with animals according to § 11 of the Animal Welfare Act (TierSchG).
You need a permit for the commercial handling of animals if you want to carry out the following activities commercially:
- breeding, keeping or trading of vertebrates other than farm animals
- Maintenance of a riding and driving business
- Exhibition of animals
- Control of vertebrates as pests
- vertebrates, which are not farm animals, for sale (tax against payment) to Germany
- train dogs for third parties or instruct the training of dogs by pet owners
This permission is also required if you
- Keep animals in a shelter or similar facility
- Keeping and displaying animals in a zoological garden or other facility
- train dogs for third parties, maintain facilities for this purpose or instruct the training of the dogs by the pet owner
- bring or import vertebrate animals into the country for the purpose of supplying them against payment or consideration, or arrange for the supply of such animals against payment or consideration
- conduct animal exchanges for the purpose of exchanging or selling animals by third parties
Note: You do not need the permission to keep farm animals.
Single point of contact
For this procedure you can use the service of the point of single contact. They will guide you through the procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Food Inspection and Veterinary Office of the City Administration or the District Office
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- After you have submitted the application and all necessary documents to the Food Inspection and Veterinary Office, they will first be checked for completeness and your personal requirements.
- Afterwards, an on-site appointment will be arranged with you to check the technical requirements.
- If you meet all the requirements, you will then be sent the permit for the commercial handling of animals.
- Application for a permit according to § 11 TierSchG,
- Certificate of good conduct
- certified copy of the certificate of competence according to § 11 TierSchG
- § 11 Tierschutzgesetz (TierSchG) – Breeding, keeping of animals, trade with animals
- §§ 1, 2 Absatz 1 Sächsisches Ausführungsgesetz zum Tierschutzgesetz und zu weiteren tierschutzrechtlichen Vorschriften (SächsAGTierSchG) – Competence of the Authority
- Sächsisches Kostenverzeichnis (SächsKVZ)
Saxon State Ministry for Social Affairs and Social Cohesion. 11.05.2021