according to § 9 Crafts Code (HwO) in the field of crafts requiring authorization.
Nationals of a member state of the European Union, another contracting state of the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland are permitted to temporarily and occasionally offer services in a craft. This also applies if you do not have a commercial establishment in Germany. However, you should already be legally established in one of these states to perform comparable activities.
If the conditions for the provision of temporary cross-border services are met, you will receive a certificate to this effect.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Chamber of Crafts (HWK)
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- You are permitted to provide services on a temporary and occasional basis in a craft listed in Annex A to the Crafts Code if you are legally active in your country of establishment for the purpose of performing comparable activities.
- If there are no required qualifications in the country of establishment for the exercise of the activity in question, or if there is no state-regulated training within the meaning of Section 3 (4) No. 2 EU / EEA Crafts Regulation (EU / EEA HwV) for the activity there, you should have exercised this activity for at least one year in the country of establishment.
Note: The exercise of this activity may not be longer than ten years ago.
Submit the notification in person or in writing to your responsible Chamber of Skilled Crafts (HWK); depending on the offer, you can access the notification form on the Internet.
Tip: Find out about the procedure and the documents required in your specific case from your Chamber of Skilled Crafts at an early stage ("Required documents").
Chambers of Crafts in the Free State of Saxony. 17.01.2017