Display animal show, animal exhibition, animal exchange or apply for permit

Application for permission to exhibit animals / Event notification according to § 11 Animal Protection Act (TierSchG)

If you would like to hold events with animals, you will need a permit if you are

  • Conduct animal exchanges for the purpose of the exchange or sale of animals by third parties; or
  • commercially display animals or make animals available for such purposes.

In addition, some events are subject to mandatory notification. These include

  • Dog and cat shows and similar events with these animals, if
    • the exhibition or event is to be held in a rabies-prone district.
    • Dogs and cats from EU member states or third countries participate
  • Livestock shows, livestock markets or events of a similar nature.

The conditions depend, among other things, on the type of event and the animals to be exhibited or offered. In the certificate of approval, which is issued by the locally competent food control and veterinary office, the exhibition conditions are specified depending on the type of animal and the animal health situation.

Detailed information on your individual concern can be obtained from the Single Point of Contact (for commercial concerns) or directly from the locally responsible Food Control and Veterinary Office.

Single Point of Contact

For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Food Control and Veterinary Office

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


The application or notification of the event with animals must be made in writing, either by

  • a form provided by the authority, or
  • an informal application.

The informal application should include the following items:

  • Details of the organizer and the responsible person
  • place, time and period of the event
  • if applicable, information on the reliability of the organizer
  • the exhibitors and the species of animals exhibited
  • the permission of the exhibitors
  • a description of the local conditions

Der Veranstaltungsort, der für die Veranstaltung genutzt werden soll, wird von der zuständigen Veterinärbehörde vor Ort besichtigt. Die Erlaubnis zur Tierausstellung (eventuell mit Auflagen und Beschränkungen) oder den unter Umständen negativen Bescheid sowie den Gebührenbescheid erhalten Sie per Post oder Fax zugesandt.

Required documents

  • Application for animal exhibition permit
  • Certificate on the epidemic status of the countries of origin and the herds of origin
  • Certificate of competence according to § 11 Animal Protection Act (if the exhibited animal is a vertebrate animal


Application or notification: at least 4 weeks before the start of the event


EUR 12,00 bis EUR 575,00

Note: The fees are not charged at the time of application, but at the time of the subsequent or additional on-site control of the issuance.

Legal basis

Release note

Saxon State Ministry for Social Affairs and Social Cohesion. 17.06.2020