EU/EEA certificates on activities performed

If you wish to set up your own business or provide a service as a craftsman in another EU country, you may have to provide the state in which you wish to carry out your activities with a certificate of competence for your entrepreneurial or professional activity.

This proof of qualification can be provided by means of the EU certificate. With it you can show that and how long you have already been self-employed in the trade or have worked in a comparable position as an employee. It therefore serves as proof of the activity carried out in Germany to the competent authorities of the member states of the European Community.

Single point of contact

For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Keine zuständige Stelle vorhanden.

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


For the EU / EEA certificate of activities performed, the requirements according to the Regulation for the European Union and the European Economic Area (EU/EEA Craft Regulation) apply.


Required documents

The Chamber of Skilled Crafts can only confirm activities and periods that are evident from your documents.

We require the following documents from you for the issue of the EU certificate:

  • Business registration or deregistration
  • If applicable, an excerpt from the commercial register
  • Certificates (e.g. master craftsman's certificate, journeyman's certificate or diploma certificate)
  • Employer's references detailing your specific job description and the periods of time you have worked there



Please follow all the instructions, as they will guarantee that your EU certificate will be issued quickly and smoothly.



For the issuance of an EU certificate, fees are charged according to the fee schedule of the respective Chamber of Crafts.

Release note

Chambers of Crafts in the Free State of Saxony. 17.01.2017

<div>Chambers of Crafts in the Free State of Saxony. 17.01.2017</div>variable