If you establish a limited partnership (KG), you are required to apply for its registration in the commercial register.
Only upon registration does the KG come into existence and have full legal capacity. In contrast, the registration of a limited partnership that already operates a commercial business is only of a legal nature, since the company already exists prior to registration. It should be noted, however, that the limited partner is generally liable without limitation for liabilities of the limited partnership established prior to registration if the limited partnership has already commenced its business with the consent of the limited partner prior to registration.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Point of Contact
A notary office of your choice
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
To apply, contact a notary public.
- The notary advises on the formulation of the application.
- The application is made exclusively by electronic means, and a publicly certified document is created for this purpose.
- The declaration is provided with an electronic signature (within the meaning of § 39a Beurkundungsgesetz / BeurkG) and sent to the electronic court and administrative mailbox of the registry court.
Significant information about your company, such as the registered office, the legal form or the authorized representatives, has changed? Then have the entry in the commercial register corrected without delay.
The registration is made in the same way exclusively through a notary public.
The registration of a limited partnership shall contain:
- the surnames, first names, dates of birth and places of residence of all shareholders
- the name of the company and the place where it has its registered office, as well as the domestic business address
- the power of representation of the partners
- all limited partners and the amount of the contribution of each of them.
- The registration must also indicate the location of the business premises, which differs from the domestic business address, and the object of the company, insofar as this is not apparent from the company name.
- § 12 Handelsgesetzbuch (HGB) – Anmeldungen zur Eintragung und Einreichungen
- §§ 106 und 108 HGB – Errichtung der Gesellschaft
- §§ 161, 162 HGB – Kommanditgesellschaft
- § 24 Verordnung über die Errichtung und Führung des Handelsregisters (HRV) – Verfahren bei Anmeldung, Eintragung und Bekanntmachung
Saxon State Ministry of Justice and for Democracy, Europe and Equality. 27.08.2020