Housing provider confirmation in accordance with Section 19 of the Federal Registration Act (Bundesmeldegesetz - BMG)
When you move into a new apartment, you need a confirmation from your landlord that you have moved in. You must present this to the registration office each time you register.
The housing provider is usually the owner of the apartment. However, it can also be the property management company commissioned by the owner or, if you are living as a subtenant, the main tenant of the apartment.
The housing provider confirmation must contain the following information:
- Name and address of the housing provider
- Name of the owner (if the owner is not the landlord)
- Address of the apartment
- Names of all persons moving into the apartment and thus subject to registration or all persons moving out of the apartment
- Date of moving in or moving out
Registration office of the municipality or city administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- You will receive the housing provider confirmation from your landlord (form here in Amt24).
- When you register at the registration office, present the landlord's confirmation.
Tip: Landlords have the option of submitting the confirmation electronically to the registration office if the municipal / city administration has opened a corresponding access. In this case, you will receive a so-called assignment feature from your landlord, which you enter instead of the confirmation when registering or deregistering.
Confirmation by the housing provider: no later than 2 weeks after moving in or moving out.
Note: If the housing provider refuses to issue the confirmation or if it is not possible for you to receive the confirmation for other reasons, you must inform the registration office immediately.
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 09.03.2021