Housing provider confirmation according to § 19 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG)
When you move into a new apartment/house, you need a confirmation from your housing provider that you have moved in. You must present this to the registration office when you register.
The housing provider is usually the owner of the apartment/house. However, it can also be the property management company commissioned by the owner or, if you are living as a subtenant, the main tenant of the apartment/house.
The housing provider confirmation must contain the following information:
- Name and address of the housing provider
- Name of the owner (if the owner is not the housing provider)
- Address of the apartment/house
- Names of all persons moving into the apartment/house and are thus subject to registration, or names of all persons moving out of an apartment/house
- Date of moving in or out
Registration office of the municipal administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- You will receive the confirmation from your housing provider (form here on Amt24).
- When you register at the registration office, present the housing provider confirmation.
Tip: Housing providers have the option of submitting the confirmation electronically to the registration office if the municipality offers the corresponding online service. In this case, you will receive a so-called assignment code from your housing provider, which you submit instead of the confirmation when registering or deregistering.
Confirmation by the housing provider: no later than 2 weeks after moving in or moving out.
Note: If the housing provider refuses to issue the confirmation or if it is not possible for you to obtain the confirmation for other reasons, you must inform the registration office immediately.
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 09.03.2021