As a lawyer in a state of the European Union (EU), or in another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you may work in Germany as an established lawyer under the professional title of your state of origin. In order to do so, you must have been admitted to the competent German Bar Association.
Note: If you have worked effectively and regularly in the field of German law, including Community law, for at least three years as an established European lawyer, you can be admitted to the German bar and bear the professional title "Rechtsanwalt". The exact requirements are set out in §§ 11 ff. Law on the Activity of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG).
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
- Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner [Landesdirektion Sachsen] Remit: Advise Home addressBraustraße 2
04107 LeipzigPostal code09105 ChemnitzPhone+49 341 977-1080 / -1081Fax+49 341 977-1199
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Sachsen Home addressGlacisstraße 6
01099 DresdenPhone+49 351 31859-0Fax+49 351 3360899
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
You can obtain the application form from the Saxony Bar Association or online via the form link in Amt24. Submit the completed and signed form with all required documents to the Bar Association.
- The admission requirements will be checked at the office of the Chamber of Lawyers.
- If all admission requirements are met, you will be invited to take the oath of office.
- Upon admission, you become a member of the Bar at the same time.
- Application form (original)
- Curriculum vitae (original)
- Proof of professional liability insurance (copy)
- Proof of academic degrees (certified copy)
- Certificate of office (original)
- Proof of citizenship (original)
- Certificate of affiliation to the profession of European lawyer issued by the competent authority in the country of origin, not older than 3 months
- Admission certificate (original)
- Certificate of admission (original)
Saxony Bar Association. 12.09.2017