Nursery (children up to three years old), register in a municipally run facility

Application for a place in the childcare center

To find a suitable daycare center for your child, you should first look for facilities that are close to your home or workplace. In larger cities, you can obtain a directory of daycare centers from all providers free of charge from the city administration.

You can use the overview to make an initial selection; for example, not all facilities accept children under the age of three. Contact the management of the desired facility and ask about the range of childcare places on offer and the focus of the content.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Management of the day care center or the municipal or city administration

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


  • the child should be at least six months old (exceptions see below)
  • physical and mental healthin
  • some municipalities, for a full-day care place, proof is needed that both parents are employed, in education or that there is a special need for help in the family


  • First, look for a suitable daycare center. In larger cities and communities, you can obtain a free overview of the facilities of all providers at the city hall and often online.
  • Ask locally whether the facility is suitable for your child.
  • In larger cities, you can register your children for several daycare centers. The local authority will determine which of the listed facilities still has a place available. In each facility, priority is given to children whose older siblings are already being cared for there.
  • Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
  • The management of the childcare facility requires a health certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
  • Before admission to a facility, the provider will conclude a care contract with you. It contains legal agreements and regulates the daily care time.
Note: Organize a place in a day nursery in time!

Required documents

  • medical certificate and proof of vaccinations
  • If applicable, proof that both parents are employed, in training or otherwise in need of assistance.


  • the application should be made at least six months before the desired start of care (applies to all institutions)
  • Short-term registration is possible if a childcare place is available. Registration before birth is not possible
  • Exception: daycare centers with permission to accept children after the maternity leave period (children eight weeks old).


  • The parental contribution in the crèche area amounts to a maximum of 23% of the personnel and material costs (§ 15 Parental Contributions SächsKitaG).
  • The exact amount is determined by the municipality or city council in a statute.

Release note

Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 26.03.2021