Fully qualified lawyers who wish to practice as attorneys in Saxony/Germany must be admitted to the bar.
Upon admission, you simultaneously become a member of the Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer).
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Sachsen Home addressGlacisstraße 6
01099 DresdenPhone+49 351 31859-0Fax+49 351 3360899
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Qualification to hold the office of a judge or
- Meeting the integration requirements of the Gesetz über die Tätigkeit europäischer Rechtsanwälte in Deutschland (Law on the Activity of European Lawyers in Germany) or
- Passing of the corresponding qualification test
You can obtain the application form from the Bar Association or online via the form link in Amt24. Submit the completed and signed application with all required documents to the Bar Association.
- The requirements for admission will be checked at the office of the Bar Association.
- If all admission requirements are met, you will be invited to receive your admission certificate and swearing-in ceremony.
- Once you have received your certificate and have been sworn in, you are authorized to use the professional title of lawyer and to practice law.
- As soon as you have received your certificate, you will be included in the list of lawyers of the Saxony Bar Association and the complete list of the Federal Bar Association.
- Application form (original)
- Curriculum vitae (original)
- Proof of professional liability insurance (copy)
- Proof of academic degrees (certified copy)
- Law firm confirmation (original)
- Declaration of exemption by the employer (original document)
- Certificate of qualification for the office of a judge (certified copy)
- Certificate and diploma of degree as a fully qualified lawyer (certified copy)
- Proof of legal practice of at least two years (original document)
- Certificate of teaching qualification for law of the former GDR (certified copy)
- Proof of at least 3 years of effective and regular practice as an established European lawyer in Germany in the field of German law (incl. EU-law) (original document)
- Proof of less than 3 years' experience as an established European lawyer in the field of German law (original document)
- Certificate of passing the qualification test (certified copy)
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 09.03.2021