Register for a place in a crèche (children up to three years of age) in a daycare center run by a municipal provider
Application for a place in a daycare center
To find a suitable daycare place for your child, you should first look for facilities that are close to your home or workplace. In larger cities, you can obtain a list of daycare centers of all providers free of charge from the municipal administration.
You can use the list to make a preselection; for example, not all facilities accept children under the age of three. Contact the management of the facility you are interested in and ask about the range of childcare places on offer and their pedagogical focus.
Management of the daycare center or the municipal administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- First, look for a suitable daycare center. In larger cities and communities, you can obtain a free list of the facilities of all providers from the city hall and/or online.
- Enquire locally whether the facility is suitable for your child.
- In larger cities, you can register your children for several daycare centers. The municipal provider will determine in which of the listed facilities a place is available. In each facility, priority is given to children whose older siblings are already being cared for there.
- Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
- The management of the childcare facility requires a health certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
- Before your child is admitted to a facility, the provider will conclude a care contract with you. It contains legal provisions and regulations about the duration of daily care.
- The application should be submitted at least six months before the desired start date (applies to all providers).
- Short-term registration is possible if a childcare place is available. Registration before birth is not possible
- Exception: daycare centers with permission to accept children right after the maternity leave period (children eight weeks old)
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 26.03.2021