If you move to another municipality in Saxony, you must register with the registration office at your new place of residence within two weeks.
For children up to the age of 16, the person into whose home the children are moving must carry out the registration. If necessary, the consent of the legal guardian is required.Tip: Take your identity documents with you to have them updated immediately when you register at your new place of residence.
Registration office of the municipality or city administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- For registration, you must fill out and sign a registration form. You must hand this in personally or appoint another suitable person to hand it in.
- Depending on the offer of the municipality, it may be possible to dispense with filling in the registration form and to receive the data directly if you appear in person at the authority. You must then confirm the accuracy of the data on a printout by signing it.
- Family members and members of a civil partnership should, if they move on the same day from a common dwelling to a new common dwelling, use one registration form together.
- Following the registration, you will receive a registration confirmation.
- a new ID card with the online ID function activated
- a De-Mail account or
- a so-called qualified electronic signature in accordance with the Signature Act (SigG).
- Identity card or passport, if the registrant has reached the age of 16 years
- personal documents of the family members who are registered together on one registration form
- in the case of children: Children's passport or birth certificate
- a confirmation from your landlord that you have moved in
The registration office may request the submission of further documents that serve as proof of the information (for example, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree).
If you do not comply with your obligation to register or do not do so in time, you commit an administrative offense that can be punished with a fine of up to EUR 1,000.
By registering in the municipality (main residence), you will automatically be entered in the electoral roll for the next upcoming election or vote, provided you are eligible to vote. Special rules apply to the European election for foreign citizens of the Union. To be able to vote in an election in the municipality, you must have lived in the municipality for at least three months.
- § 10 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG) – elektronische Anmeldung
- § 17 ff. BMG – Allgemeine Meldepflichten
- § 19 BMG– Mitwirkung des Wohnungsgebers
- § 23 BMG – Erfüllung der allgemeinen Meldepflicht
- § 24 BMG – Datenerhebung, Meldebestätigung
- § 54 BMG – Bußgeldvorschriften
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 09.03.2021