If you move to another municipality in Saxony, you must register with the registration office at your new place of residence within two weeks.
For children up to the age of 16, the person into whose home the children are moving must carry out the registration. If necessary, the consent of the legal guardian is required.Tip: Take your identity documents with you to have them updated immediately when you register at your new place of residence.
Registration office of the municipality or city administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- To register, you must complete and sign a registration form. You must hand this in personally or appoint another suitable person to hand it in.
- Depending on the service of the municipality, it may be possible to dispense with filling in the registration form and to collect the data directly when you show up in person at the office. You must then confirm the accuracy of the data on a printout by signing it.
- Family members and the parties of a civil partnership should use one joint registration form, if they move on the same day from a joint dwelling to a new joint dwelling.
- Following the registration, you will receive a registration confirmation.
- a new ID card with the online ID function activated
- a De-Mail account or
- a so-called qualified electronic signature in accordance with the Signature Act (SigG).
- ID card or passport if the person required to register is aged 16 or older
- Identity documents of the family members who are registered together on one registration form
- in the case of children: Children's passport or birth certificate
- a confirmation from your housing provider that you have moved in
The registration office may require the submission of further documents that serve as proof of the information (for example, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree).
If you do not comply with your obligation to register or do not do so within the designated time frame, you commit an administrative offense that is punishable by a fine of up to EUR 1,000.
By registering in the municipality (primary residence), you will automatically be entered in the electoral roll for the next election, provided you are eligible to vote. Special procedures apply to the European election for foreign Union citizens. To be eligible to vote in an election in the municipality, you must have resided there for at least three months.
- § 10 Bundesmeldegesetz (BMG) – elektronische Anmeldung
- § 17 ff. BMG – Allgemeine Meldepflichten
- § 19 BMG– Mitwirkung des Wohnungsgebers
- § 23 BMG – Erfüllung der allgemeinen Meldepflicht
- § 24 BMG – Datenerhebung, Meldebestätigung
- § 54 BMG – Bußgeldvorschriften
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior. 09.03.2021