Regulations on the closing time in restaurants according to § 9 Saxon Restaurant Act (SächsGastG)
The Saxon Restaurant Act (SächsGastG) sets a closing time for restaurants and public entertainment venues that begins at 05:00 and ends at 06:00.
The term "curfew" refers to the period of time during which no services are provided to guests by the establishment and during which no guests may be present on the premises.
Note: In the night of 01.01., 01.05. and 02.05. the curfew is lifted.
Gaming arcades and places of entertainment
For certain types of establishments (e.g. gambling halls and public entertainment venues at fairs and fairgrounds), the curfew begins at 23:00 and ends at 06:00.
If there is a public need or special local conditions, the municipalities may generally
- generally extend, shorten or abolish the curfew by ordinance
- for individual establishments by administrative actbring forward the start of the curfew until 20:00 at the earliest and postpone the end of the curfew until 07:00, or
- limit the curfew and revocably shorten or lift it, whereby the curfew for gaming arcades may not be less than three hours.
Attention: In the cases of shortening or lifting the curfew, conditions may be imposed at any time.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Trade authority of the city or municipality
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
The responsible authority can only order an exception for individual plants upon request.
- You should state your request specifically and give reasons for it.
- No special form is required for the application, but it is recommended that you submit the application in writing to the competent authority.
- Find out whether application forms are available or can be downloaded from the Internet.
Saxon State Ministry of Economics, Labor and Transport. 22.03.2017