Request discount or waiver of the parent contribution
Do you have a low income which is making it hard for you to pay the parent contribution? If the financial pressure is too much for you, you may be granted a discount or waiver of the parent contribution, regardless of whether your child attends a government-run or non-governmental day-care facility.
- You can lodge the request for discount or waiver of the parent contribution at the local non-governmental youth organisation — generally the Youth Welfare Office ("Jugendamt"). Enquire at the town hall or citizens’ service centre as to whether a form must be filled out for this.
- Fill out the form and enclose the necessary proof.
- Submit the request and necessary documents to the competent centre.
- It will assess your income situation and determine how much of the parent contribution you can pay.
- You will be advised of the result in writing.
- A copy of the child-care contract for non-governmental facilities
- Proof of income, such as pay slips, notices of unemployment benefits, Federal Education Assistance Act notices
- Proof of rent expenses
- For those living in their own home: Proof of interest payments and additional expenses excluding heating, such as land tax, water / sewage, street cleaning, rubbish collection
- Proof of contributions for insurance and other regular expenses
Based on the German version authorized by Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Kultus