Application for a travel trade permit according to § 55 Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (GewO)
A travelling trade is carried on by anyone who, for commercial purposes, without prior appointment outside his place of business (or without having such a place of business)
- offers goods or sells or buys orders or
- offers services or
- sells orders for services or
- independently carries out entertainment activities as a showman or showwoman.
A travel trade card is not required for anyone who is engaged in a trade requiring a permit under federal or state law, for the practice of which reliability is required, and who has the necessary permit.
The travel trade permit can be applied for and issued for a limited or unlimited period of time.
If you, as a tradesman, temporarily provide services on a self-employed basis from a branch in another member state of the EU or a contracting state of the European Economic Area (EEA), you do not require notification, permission, approval or similar.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Trade authority of the municipality or city administration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Gewerberecht: Gewerbeanzeigen – Zulassungen/Erlaubnisse – Ausübung
Merkblatt der IHK Chemnitz
- Einheitlichen Ansprechpartner beauftragen
Formular: –> Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner, Beauftragung – Antrag
You can apply for the travel business card in person, in writing or electronically.
- You can obtain the required form (if available) online via Amt24 ("Forms & online services"). Alternatively, you can obtain the form in paper form from the competent office.
- The competent office will check the documents attached to the application as well as your reliability.
- If the result is positive, you will be issued a travel business card after you have paid the fees due.
- Identity card or passport
- for foreign nationals from non-EU countries (additionally): residence permit and work permit
- Certificate of good conduct (not older than three months)
- Extract from the Central Trade Register (not older than three months)
- Extract from the debtors' register of the local court (not older than three months)
- Certificate in tax matters from the tax office of the place of residence (not older than three months)
- if you are trading with food (additionally): health certificate
- if you are a showman or showwoman and you are applying for a travel trade permit (additional): proof that you have taken out a business liability insurance policy
- In the case of legal entities, the above-mentioned documents must be submitted for all natural persons authorized to manage the business and, for the legal entity itself, the excerpts from the Central Business Register and from the Debtors' Register as well as the certificate in tax matters from the tax office.
- In addition, the extract from the commercial register and a copy of the articles of association are required.
Saxon State Ministry of Economics, Labor and Transport. 06.11.2020