In the travel trade, there is a prohibition on trading in certain goods. In individual cases, exceptions to the prohibitions may be permitted upon application.
The following are prohibited in the travel trade:
the distribution of
- poisons and goods containing poisons (Exception: orders of plant protection products, pest control products as well as wood preservatives for which a test certificate with a test mark has been issued in accordance with building regulations)
- hernia bandages, medical bandages, medical support apparatus and bandages, orthopedic foot supports, eyeglasses and eye glasses (exception: safety glasses and ready-to-wear reading glasses)
- electromedical devices including electronic hearing aids (exception: devices with direct exposure to heat)
- securities, lottery tickets, subscription and share certificates for securities and lottery tickets (Exception: sale of lottery tickets as part of approved lotteries for charitable purposes on public ways, streets or squares or other public places)
- writings distributed with the promise of premiums or winnings
the offering and purchase of
- precious metals (gold, silver, platinum and platinum by-metals) and alloys containing precious metals in any form as well as goods with precious metal overlays (Exception: silver jewelry up to a selling price of EUR 40.00 and goods with silver overlays)
- precious stones, gemstones and synthetic stones as well as pearls
- Offering alcoholic beverages (Exception: beer and wine in tightly closed containers, alcoholic beverages from self-produced products of viticulture, agriculture or fruit-growing and horticulture, the purchase of alcohol for the production of liqueurs and spirits from fruit, plants and other agricultural raw materials, in which the raw materials are not fermented themselves and alcoholic beverages that are served from a fixed place of business for consumption on the spot in the context of and for the duration of an event)
- Conclusion as well as brokering of repurchase transactions (pawnbroking) and brokering of loan transactions against payment for the borrower.
Cross-border provision of services
If you provide independent commercial services from a branch in another EU / EEA member state temporarily in Germany, a notification / permit is not required.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Saxony State Headquarters
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
You must apply to the competent authority for an exemption from the prohibitions on itinerant trade.
If the applicant or the other circumstances do not give rise to any concerns, the exemption may be granted in individual cases. It is valid for a maximum period of up to five years and can be revoked at any time.
Saxon State Ministry of Economics, Labor and Transport. 06.11.2020