At the vocational college (Berufsfachschule), you will be trained for a profession. Inter-professional and job-related tuition takes place at the college, internships and practical training in institutions outside the college. To be admitted, you apply directly to the vocational college.
In selected educational programs, students with a secondary modern school leaving certificate (Hauptschulabschluss) also have the opportunity to acquire the secondary school diploma (Realschulabschluss) with the successful completion of their vocational training.
Note: Vocational colleges in the Free State of Saxony are part of the Vocational School Centers (BSZ). In addition, there are also corresponding non-governmental colleges.
Point of contact
Vocational college of your choice
No responsible office available.
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- As a rule, a secondary school diploma (Realschulabschluss) is required for a vocational training at a vocational college.
- In addition, there are special admission requirements for certain fields of study. Please refer to the school regulations of the vocational college of your choice for information on these.
- For selected educational programs, the secondary modern school leaving certificate (Hauptschulabschluss) is sufficient, sometimes in conjunction with another vocational training already successfully completed. In these educational programs, the secondary school diploma (Realschulabschluss) can be awarded upon successful completion of the vocational college with a grade point average of at least 3.0.
Refusal of admission
Admission must be refused if the applicant
- does not meet the admission requirements for the educational program,
- has already repeated a class level twice in the course of the educational program,
- has twice not been admitted to the final examination,
- has twice failed the final examination,
- could not be considered in the selection procedure,
- has been finally convicted for a deliberate criminal offence,
- is not considered suitable for the intended profession for any other personal reason.
Admission can be refused if the applicant does not have his primary residence in the Free State of Saxony and
- his admission would result in the establishment of an additional class at the college or,
- the applicant cannot prove by a certificate from a school supervisory authority in the state of his primary residence that an equivalent educational program is not offered there.
To be accepted, you apply to the vocational college of your choice. If you are not yet of age, you must also have your parents sign your application.
Note: Both your parents must jointly sign your application, provided they have joint custody.
- If a college cannot accept all applicants for an educational program, a selection procedure will take place for all applicants who meet the admission requirements.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing and this is subject to the proviso that you submit any not yet available certificate at a later stage and that the appropriate classes are actually established at the vocational college.
If you are accepted to the vocational college, you must accept the place in writing within two weeks of receiving confirmation of admission. After this period has elapsed, the places that have not been accepted will be re-allocated in a move-up procedure.
Admission to a vocational college requires an application.
The application for admission must include the following attachments:
- A certified copy of the school leaving certificate proving that you meet the requirements for admission. If this is not yet available, a copy of the last mid-year report must be submitted
- A complete tabular CV
- A statement as to whether the applicant has already
- been admitted to a final examination in the same educational program,
- participated in the final examination in the same educational program and, if so, what results were achieved.
- If applicable, a declaration on the existence of exceptional hardship
- A consent to data processing
The following data of the applicant will be processed:
- First name and surname
- Date and place of birth
- Address and telephone number
- Religious affiliation, if the applicant wishes to attend classes in Protestant or Catholic religious instruction
- The type and degree of disability, chronic illness or identified special educational needs, insofar as these are relevant to the educational program
- Contact details of a person to be notified in a case of emergency
- For minors: name, address and telephone number of the parents
- Verordnung des Sächsischen Staatsministeriums für Kultus über die Berufsfachschule im Freistaat Sachsen (Schulordnung Berufsfachadschule – BFSO) vom 21. Februar 2020
- § 3 BFSO – Aufnahmevoraussetzungen
- § 4 BFSO – Aufnahmeverfahren
- § 5 BFSO – Auswahlverfahren
- § 6 BFSO – Versagungsgründe
- § 7 BFSO – Aufnahmeentscheidung
- § 18 BFSO – Schulwechsel und Verlängerung des Schulverhältnisses
- § 44 BFSO – Berufsfachschule für medizinische Dokumentation
- § 53 BFSO – Berufsfachschule für Pflegehilfe
- § 60 BFSO – Berufsfachschule für Sozialwesen
- § 95 BFSO – Berufsfachschule für Musikinstrumentenbauer
- § 99 BFSO – Berufsfachschule für Uhrmacher
Ministry of State for Culture, Saxon State Chancellery. 24.07.2020