Special educational counseling for children and adolescents whose language of origin is not or not exclusively German
In the Free State of Saxony, it is mandatory for children and adolescents to attend school as long as they are of school age. Special educational counseling aims to provide the best possible entry into the school system or a smooth continuation of educational careers that are already underway.
The goals of this counseling are to provide information about the various educational paths and support in choosing the most suitable educational career in the Free State of Saxony, the recognition of school periods completed in the country of origin, and to check whether a recognition procedure is required for foreign educational certificates.
State Office for Schools and Education, regional coordinators for migration/integration
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- School-aged children and adolescents up to the age of 18 receive special educational counseling at the responsible local subsidiary of the State Office for Schools and Education. It is advisable to enquire after office hours beforehand. As a rule, the responsible local subsidiary assigns the children/adolescents to preparatory classes at elementary, high, grammar or vocational schools.
- Students over the age of 18 who wish to continue their education and obtain the general university entrance qualification (Abitur) may submit a written application to a Kolleg (college). The school management decides on admission to a preparatory class.
- No special educational counseling is required for students over 18 who wish to take up employment or attend a language course.
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 16.03.2021