Technicians/business administrators/designers (technical college level), apply for recognition of a foreign professional qualification
If you hold a foreign professional qualification as a technician/business administrator/ designer, you can have this recognized as equivalent to a corresponding technical college qualification.
In the Free State of Saxony, you have a legal right to have the equivalence of your professional qualifications checked against a state-regulated technical college qualification as a
State-certified technician in the specialist fields of
- Construction technology
- Clothing technology
- Mining technology
- Drilling technology
- Chemical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Paint and varnish technology
- Precision engineering
- Geological engineering
- Foundry technology
- Sanitary, heating and air conditioning technology
- Wood technology
- Information technology
- Refrigeration and air conditioning technology
- Automotive engineering
- Plastics technology
- Food technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical technology
- Metal construction technology
- Textile technology
State-certified business administrator/state-certified business administrator in a specialist field
- Business administration
- Hospitality industry
State-certified designer in a specialist field
- Communication design
You can also work in these professions without recognition, as they are not regulated in the Free State of Saxony. Nevertheless, recognition can be useful, since it allows for your professional qualifications to be honored appropriately by an employer. The procedure for determining equivalence is regulated in the Saxon Professional Qualification Determination Act (SächsBQFG).
For the determination of equivalence or a recognition, the State Office for Schools and Education checks on the basis of your evidence whether and to what extent your foreign qualification corresponds to the respective qualifications in the Free State of Saxony. Your relevant professional experience will be taken into account, as will other relevant qualifications, such as further education and training.
- Landesamt für Schule und Bildung Postal codePostfach 13 34
09072 ChemnitzHome addressAnnaberger Straße 119
09120 ChemnitzPhone+49 371 536610-0
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Portal "Recognition in Germany”
Information portal of the Federal Government
- Anerkennung in Sachsen
IQ Netzwerk Sachsen
- Einheitlichen Ansprechpartner beauftragen
Formular: –> Zeugnis, Antrag auf Anerkennung ausländischer Zeugnisse
Formular: –> Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner, Beauftragung – Antrag
- You have acquired a foreign professional qualification as a technician/business administrator/designer.
- You would like to work in this profession in the Free State of Saxony.
- You are applying for recognition of your foreign professional qualification in Germany for the first time.
Before submitting your application, seek advice from the staff of the IBAS Information and Advisory Service of the IQ Network Saxony. The consultations are free of charge and confidential.
- You apply for the recognition of your professional qualification at the State Office for Schools and Education (see "Zuständige Stelle"/Responsible office).
- You can submit the application and the required documents by mail, in person or electronically (poststellelasub.smk.sachsen.de; to send an encrypted e-mail, please use the S/MIME certificate).
- As soon as your application documents are complete, the responsible office will check equivalence; if necessary, it will request further paper documents.
- The examination is carried out according to specified formal criteria (especially the content of the training). Your professional experience will be taken into account, as will other relevant qualifications (especially further education and training).
- You will receive written notification of the results of the examination. This will also contain information on which qualifications you may be lacking for full recognition and how you can compensate for them.
- Written application with a tabular list of the training courses completed and the gainful employment pursued, in each case in German language
- Proof of identity (passport, ID card, residence permit) in certified copy
- Certified copies and German translations of school certificates and vocational training certificates obtained abroad
- Proofs of relevant professional experience or other certificates of qualification, each in a certified copy as well as in a German translation
- Declaration that no application for determination of equivalence has yet been filed
- Declaration with suitable evidence that gainful employment corresponding to the professional qualification is intended in the Free State of Saxony (not applicable for applicants residing in a member state of the EU, the EEA or a state equal by convention, as well as for nationals of the aforementioned states).
- Application deadline: none
- Free of charge for entitled persons according to the Bundesvertriebenengesetz (Federal Expellees Act): 3 years from the date of taking up permanent residence in the Federal Republic of Germany
- Appeal/legal action: within 1 month after notification of the decision.
- (For details see the instructions on appealing the decision)
Electronic signature - how can I sign electronically?
A qualified electronic signature is required to fulfill the signature requirement when submitting applications electronically. This is the only way to ensure that the identity of the sender can be safely established.
Your application and the necessary declarations require your handwritten signature. According to German law, your application form must include a qualified electronic signature to be considered signed. You will need suitable software for this. Electronic signatures can be purchased from:
- Trusted service providers (according to the directory of the Federal Network Agency) or
- the German Federal Printing Office (Bundesdruckerei), for citizens with a new identity card/nPA or electronic residence permit.
Please exclusively use the following address to send electronically signed documents for your application: email@example.com
- Sächsisches Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz – SächsBQFG
- Schulordnung Fachschule im Freistaat Sachsen
- Verwaltungskostengesetz des Freistaates Sachsen
- Sächsisches Kostenverzeichnis
- § 10 Abs. 1 f. Gesetz über die Angelegenheiten der Vertriebenen und Flüchtlinge (Bundesvertriebenengesetzes – BVFG)
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 10.08.2020