Green professions (agriculture and housekeeping), application for recognition of a foreign professional qualification

Application for recognition of the equivalence of a foreign professional qualification with a professional qualification in forestry regulated by the German federal government (recognized skilled professions)

If you have completed a vocational training abroad, hold a professional qualification and intend to work in Germany, you can have the equivalence of your professional qualification recognized by the responsible office. This involves a review of a training certificate acquired abroad with regard to its equivalence with a professional reference qualification regulated by the German federal government.

This right applies regardless of the applicant's nationality and residential status. In the so called green professions, anyone with a residence and work permit can work in Germany, even if the professional qualification has not been recognized as equivalent.

The reference qualifications in the sectors agriculture, landscaping, housekeeping, dairy production and aquaculture (fishery) include the recognized skilled professions in accordance with §4 Berufsbildungsgesetz (Vocational Training Act) (-> see "Requirements").

Single Point of Contact

For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact. This person will accompany you through the procedure, take care of the correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Zuständige Stelle

Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details

Detailed information

Consultation on recognition by phone in German and English: Hotline " Arbeiten und Leben in Deutschland " (Working and Living in Germany), Phone.: +49 30 1815-1111

Formular: –> Bereich Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau, Hauswirtschaft, Milchwirtschaft – Antrag auf Anerkennung ausländischer Berufsabschlüsse und Qualifikationen nach dem Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz (BQFG)

Formular: –> Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner, Beauftragung – Antrag


You must have the intention to pursue gainful employment in Germany.

Furthermore, you need a foreign professional qualification for one of the following professions:

  • Agricultural service specialist
  • Agricultural service master
  • Agricultural specialist for tree care and restauration, examined
  • Housekeeping specialist
  • Fishery specialist
  • Fishery master
  • Gardener
  • Master gardener
  • Housekeeper
  • Master housekeeper
  • Claw caregiver, examined
  • Agricultural specialist for claw care
  • Customer consultant landscaping, examined
  • Nature and landscape keeper, examined
  • Agriculturist
  • Master agriculturist
  • Agricultural distiller
  • Agricultural master distiller
  • Dairy technologist
  • Dairy lab technician
  • Dairy lab master technician
  • Dairy master
  • Equestrian
  • Master equestrian
  • Plant technologist
  • Master plant technologist
  • District hunter
  • District hunting master
  • Animal specialist
  • Master animal specialist
  • Winemaker
  • Master Winemaker


  • Fill out the form according to your field of work.
  • Send the signed form with the attachments to the responsible office.
  • The decision on recognition will follow within 3 months.

Required documents

Please complete the application in full and enclose all documents required in accordance with §5 Abs. 1 BQFG:

  • A tabular list in German of the training programs you have completed and the gainful employment you have held,
  • proof of identity (passport or ID card),
  • proof of education acquired abroad,
  • proof of relevant professional experience or other evidence of qualifications, if these are required to establish equivalence, and
  • a declaration that no application for a determination of equivalence has been submitted to date.

The documents numbered 2 to 4 must be submitted to the responsible office in the form of original documents or certified copies. Translations in German of the documents number 3 and 4 are to be submitted. The translations have to be made by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator.


  • Application deadline: none
  • Free of charge for entitled persons according to the Bundesvertriebenengesetz (Federal Expellees Act): 3 years from the date of taking up permanent residence in the Federal Republic of Germany
  • Appeal/legal action: within 1 month after notification of the decision.
  • (For details see the instructions on appealing the decision)


  • Procedural fee: EUR 150.00-500.00 (depending on the effort involved)
  • If applicable: expenses (e.g. for certifications, authentications, translations or expert opinions)
  • For entitled persons according to the Federal Expellees Act: none

Processing time

  • Confirmation of receipt of the application: 4 weeks after receipt
  • Confirmation of completeness of documents: 4 weeks after receipt of the application, with the confirmation of receipt
  • Additional requests for documents: at discretion of the responsible office
  • Decision on application for recognition: decision within 3 months after submission of complete documents
  • Extension of the decision period: once were appropriate, at the discretion of the responsible office.


Electronic signature - how can I sign electronically?

A qualified electronic signature is required to fulfill the signature requirement when submitting applications electronically. This is the only way to ensure that the identity of the sender can be safely established.

Your application and the necessary declarations require your handwritten signature. According to German law, your application form must include a qualified electronic signature to be considered signed. You will need suitable software for this. Electronic signatures can be purchased from:

  • Trusted service providers (according to the directory of the Federal Network Agency) or
  • the German Federal Printing Office (Bundesdruckerei), for citizens with a new identity card/nPA or electronic residence permit.

Please exclusively use the following address to send electronically signed documents for your application:

Release note

Saxon State Ministry for Energy, Climate Protection, Environment and Agriculture. 28.04.2020