Green professions (technical school level), apply for recognition of a foreign professional qualification in the field of agriculture and forestry
Application for recognition of equivalence of a foreign professional qualification with a German state-regulated professional qualification in agriculture and forestry (technical school level)
If you have completed a vocational training abroad, hold a professional qualification and intend to work in Germany, you can have the equivalence of your professional qualification recognized by the responsible office. This involves a review of a training certificate acquired abroad with regard to its equivalence with a professional qualification regulated by state law.
This right applies regardless of the applicant's nationality and residential status. In the so called green professions, anyone with a residence and work permit can work in Germany, even if the professional qualification has not been recognized as equivalent.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact. This person will accompany you through the procedure, take care of the correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
- Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Energie, Klimaschutz, Umwelt und Landwirtschaft Visitor addressWilhelm-Buck-Straße 2
01097 DresdenHome addressWilhelm-Buck-Straße 2
01097 DresdenPostal codePostfach 10 05 10
01076 DresdenPhone+49 (351) 564-0Fax+49 (351) 564-2059
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Portal "Recognition in Germany”
Information portal of the Federal Government
- Recognition in Saxony
IQ Network Saxony
- Interpreter and translator database
State Justice Administrations
- Migration / Equality
Saxon State Ministry for Energy, Climate Protection, Environment and Agriculture
- Assign a Single Point of Contact
Please fill in the form " Anerkennung ausländischer Berufsabschlüsse und Qualifikationen nach dem Sächsischen Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz (SächsBQFG) – Antrag ", sign it and send it with the required attachments to the responsible office mentioned in the header.
Please complete the application in full and enclose all documents required in accordance with §5 Abs. 1 BQFG:
- A tabular list in German of the training programs you have completed and the gainful employment you have held,
- proof of identity (passport or ID card),
- proof of education acquired abroad,
- proof of relevant professional experience or other evidence of qualifications, if these are required to establish equivalence, and
- a declaration that no application for a determination of equivalence has been submitted to date.
The documents numbered 2 to 4 must be submitted to the responsible office in the form of original documents or certified copies. Translations in German of the documents number 3 and 4 are to be submitted. The translations have to be made by a publicly appointed or sworn interpreter or translator.
- Application deadline: none
- Free of charge for entitled persons according to the Bundesvertriebenengesetz (Federal Expellees Act): 3 years from the date of taking up permanent residence in the Federal Republic of Germany
- Appeal/legal action: within 1 month after notification of the decision.
(For details see the instructions on appealing the decision)
- Confirmation of receipt of the application: 4 weeks after receipt
- Confirmation of completeness of documents: 4 weeks after receipt of the application, with the confirmation of receipt
- Additional requests for documents: at discretion of the responsible office
- Decision on application for recognition: decision within 3 months after submission of complete documents
- Extension of the decision period: once were appropriate, at the discretion of the responsible office.
Electronic signature - how can I sign electronically?
A qualified electronic signature is required to fulfill the signature requirement when submitting applications electronically. This is the only way to ensure that the identity of the sender can be safely established.
Your application and the necessary declarations require your handwritten signature. According to German law, your application form must include a qualified electronic signature to be considered signed. You will need suitable software for this. Electronic signatures can be purchased from:
- Trusted service providers (according to the directory of the Federal Network Agency) or
- the German Federal Printing Office (Bundesdruckerei), for citizens with a new identity card/nPA or electronic residence permit.
- Sächsisches Gesetz über die Feststellung der Gleichwertigkeit von Berufsqualifikationen (Sächsisches Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz – SächsBQFG)
- Schulordnung Fachschule
- Verwaltungskostengesetz des Freistaates Sachsen
- Sächsisches Kostenverzeichnis
- § 10 Abs.1 und 2 Gesetz über die Angelegenheiten der Vertriebenen und Flüchtlinge (Bundesvertriebenengesetz – BVFG)
Saxon State Ministry for Energy, Climate Protection, Environment and Agriculture, 03.06.2020