For children of elementary school age, Saxon cities and municipalities have to provide a demand-oriented offer of after-school care.
If you would like to have your child cared for in an after-school care center outside of school hours, you can register directly at the facility. Many elementary schools have an after-school care center, but a number of kindergartens and daycare centers also offer after-school care. You can apply for an after-school care place directly at the after-school care center or at the daycare center.
Point of Contact
A facility of your choice.
A facility of your choice.
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- Children are to be admitted to the daycare center (including after-school care) if their promotion is guaranteed and a curative education facility is not required for their promotion.
The sponsor of the daycare center decides on the admission. Further details are regulated by the Saxon Kita Integration Ordinance of June 06, 0217.
- Find a suitable after-school care center or childcare facility that offers after-school care. In larger cities and communities, you can get a free list from the city hall/municipal administration.
- Ask on site whether the facility is suitable for your child.
- Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
- The management of the facility providing care will need the medical certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
- Before admission to a facility, the provider concludes a care contract with the parents. It contains legal agreements and in particular regulates the daily duration of care.
Non-governmental and privately run facilities:
Inquire about the registration formalities directly with the non-governmental or private operator of the after-school care center.
The parental contributions are set by the municipality in consultation with the public youth welfare organization. Reductions are provided for single parents and parents with several children.
- The parental contribution for the after-school care center amounts to a maximum of 30% of the personnel and material costs (legal basis: § 15 Elternbeiträge SächsKitaG)
- The exact amount is determined by the municipal or city council in a statute.
- Sächsisches Gesetz zur Förderung von Kindern in Tageseinrichtungen (Gesetz über Kindertageseinrichtungen, SächsKitaG)
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 07.09.2021