After-school care (elementary school age), register

For children of elementary school age, Saxon cities and municipalities have to provide a demand-oriented offer of after-school care.

If you would like to have your child cared for in an after-school care center outside of school hours, you can register directly at the facility. Many elementary schools have an after-school care center, but a number of kindergartens and daycare centers also offer after-school care. You can apply for an after-school care place directly at the after-school care center or at the daycare center.

Point of Contact

A facility of your choice.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

A facility of your choice.

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


  • Children are to be admitted to the daycare center (including after-school care) if their promotion is guaranteed and a curative education facility is not required for their promotion.

The sponsor of the daycare center decides on the admission. Further details are regulated by the Saxon Kita Integration Ordinance of June 06, 0217.


Municipal facilities

  • Find a suitable after-school care center or childcare facility that offers after-school care. In larger cities and communities, you can get a free list from the city hall/municipal administration.
  • Ask on site whether the facility is suitable for your child.
  • Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
  • The management of the facility providing care will need the medical certificate and proof of vaccination from you.
  • Before admission to a facility, the provider concludes a care contract with the parents. It contains legal agreements and in particular regulates the daily duration of care.
Note: If your daughter or son already attended the facility at kindergarten age, you do not need to submit a medical certificate.

Non-governmental and privately run facilities:

Inquire about the registration formalities directly with the non-governmental or private operator of the after-school care center.

Required documents

  • Medical certificate
  • Proof of vaccination


  • Your child has to be registered at the after-school care center before starting school.
  • The care contract ends automatically as soon as your child has completed the fourth grade (sixth grade in the after-school care center of a special needs school)


The parental contributions are set by the municipality in consultation with the public youth welfare organization. Reductions are provided for single parents and parents with several children.

  • The parental contribution for the after-school care center amounts to a maximum of 30% of the personnel and material costs (legal basis: § 15 Elternbeiträge SächsKitaG)
  • The exact amount is determined by the municipal or city council in a statute.

Release note

Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 07.09.2021