Many communities offer parents who require daycare for their baby or toddler a daycare mother (very occasionally also a daycare father) as an alternative option to a place in a daycare center. If the parents agree, this is also possible for older children from the age of three until they start school.
If the municipal administration arranges for the daycare mother/father, she or he will always have a care permit. This document gives parents the security of knowing that the caregiver and their home environment have been checked for suitability to accept daycare children.Note: You can also look for a caregiver without municipal placement. However, the municipality will only contribute to the costs if the caregiver has an official care permit and is included on the so-called demand plan.
Youth welfare office of the municipality or the district office or local agency of public youth welfare services
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
- physical and mental fitness
- the child should be at least 6 months old (exceptions see “Procedure”)
- in some municipalities, in order to obtain a place in daycare, you need proof that both parents are employed or in training, or that the family has a special need for support
Placement by the local public youth welfare agency
- Ask the municipality or the local youth welfare office (Jugendamt) to recommend a caregiver.
- Introduce yourself and your child to the caregiver and make sure that the type of care meets your expectations.
- If you reach a mutual agreement, you conclude a care contract with the daycare mother/father. It contains legal agreements and regulates, among other things, the daily care time.
- Some caregivers accept babies after the end of the maternity leave period (children from the age of eight weeks), in which case registration is by arrangement.
- Have your child examined by a pediatrician before the start of care and ask for a medical certificate.
- The caregiver needs a medical certificate and proof of vaccination.
- Sächsisches Gesetz zur Förderung von Kindern in Tageseinrichtungen (Gesetz über Kindertageseinrichtungen, SächsKitaG)
Saxon State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs. 07.09.2021