Request discount or waiver of the parent contribution

Do you have a low income which is making it hard for you to pay the parent contribution? If the financial pressure is too much for you, you may be granted a discount or waiver of the parent contribution, regardless of whether your child attends a government-run or non-governmental day-care facility.

Onlineantrag und Formulare

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle den Onlineantrag und die Formulare der zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben

Zuständige Stelle

Jugendamt der Stadtverwaltung oder des Landratsamtes (youth welfare office)

Hinweis: Sobald Sie eine Postleitzahl oder einen Ort angegeben haben, können wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle weitere Informationen zu der für Sie zuständigen Stelle anzeigen. Ort angeben
Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.

Service details


  • The person lodging the application must live in the same household as the child being cared for, and must have custody of this child.
  • Proof that the full parent contribution is too much for you to pay.


  • You can lodge the request for discount or waiver of the parent contribution at the local non-governmental youth organisation — generally the Youth Welfare Office ("Jugendamt"). Enquire at the town hall or citizens’ service centre as to whether a form must be filled out for this.
  • Fill out the form and enclose the necessary proof.
  • Submit the request and necessary documents to the competent centre.
  • It will assess your income situation and determine how much of the parent contribution you can pay.
  • You will be advised of the result in writing.

Required documents

  • A copy of the child-care contract for non-governmental facilities
  • Proof of income, such as pay slips, notices of unemployment benefits, Federal Education Assistance Act notices
  • Proof of rent expenses
  • For those living in their own home: Proof of interest payments and additional expenses excluding heating, such as land tax, water / sewage, street cleaning, rubbish collection
  • Proof of contributions for insurance and other regular expenses
Note: The communal sponsors require various forms of proof of your income situation. This depends on whether the applicant is employed, works as a freelancer, studies or is unemployed. The competent centre will provide a full list of the necessary documents.


The notice will advise you how long the parent contribution will be discounted or waived for you. This cannot be granted retroactively. You must lodge a new request before the expiry date.

Release note

Based on the German version authorized by Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Kultus