If you establish a limited liability company (GmbH), you are obliged to apply for its registration in the commercial register. Only after registration does the GmbH come into existence and have full legal capacity.
Single Point of Contact
For this procedure, you can use the service of the Single Point of Contact (Einheitlicher Ansprechpartner). They will guide you through the administrative procedure, take care of correspondence with all the offices responsible for your request and will be available to you as a competent advisor.
Notary's office of your choice
Keine zuständige Stelle vorhanden.
- Warum soll ich einen Ort angeben?
- Mit Hilfe der Ortsangabe können wir die für Sie passenden Informationen, Formulare, Dienste und Ihre zuständige Stelle anzeigen.
- Welchen Ort soll ich angeben?
- Zum Beispiel Ihren Wohnort, wenn Sie einen Reisepass beantragen wollen oder den Unternehmensstandort, wenn Sie ein Gewerbe anmelden möchten.
Before the registration of the limited liability company
- the articles of association must be available
- the contributions in kind must be paid in full and
- the cash contributions must have been paid up to at least 25 percent of the respective nominal amount of each individual share.
- In total, at least so much must have been paid into the share capital that the total amount of the paid-in cash contributions plus the total amount of the business shares for which contributions in kind are to be made reaches at least half of the minimum share capital, i.e. EUR 12,500.
To make an application, contact a notary public.
- The notary will advise on the formulation of the application.
- The application is made exclusively electronically, and a publicly certified document is created for this purpose.
- The declaration is provided with an electronic signature (within the meaning of § 39a Beurkundungsgesetz/BeurkG) and sent to the electronic court and administrative mailbox of the registry court.
Have significant details about your company, such as the registered office, legal form or authorized representatives, changed? Then have the commercial register entry corrected without delay.
The entry is made in the same way exclusively by a notary public.
- the articles of association
- the legitimation of the managing directors, if they are not appointed in the articles of association
- a list of partners signed by the applicants.
This list should contain the surnames, first names, dates of birth and places of residence of the partners as well as the nominal amounts and serial numbers of the respective shares taken over.
- an assurance from all the applicants that the contributions have been made as required and are finally at the free disposal of the managing directorsa report on the formation of the company in kind with contracts and supporting documents on the value of the contributions in kind in the case of formation in kind, and
- an assurance by the managing directors that there are no legal impediments to their appointment and that they have been informed of their unlimited duty to provide information to the court.
- The application must also state a domestic business address and the type and scope of the managing directors' power of representation.
Note: There are often several weeks between the drafting of the articles of association and the entry in the commercial register. You should therefore check the articles of association again before filing to ensure that they are up to date.
The Unternehmergesellschaft (UG) is a special legal form variant of the GmbH to which all regulations of the GmbH Act apply. Unless there are special regulations to the contrary, the following special features apply to the UG:
- Share capital of the Unternehmergesellschaft: minimum EUR 1.00, maximum EUR 24,999
- Designation "Unternehmergesellschaft (haftungsbeschränkt)" or "UG (haftungsbeschränkt)" in the company name
- Prior to registration with the commercial register, the share capital must be paid up in full, whereby contributions in kind are prohibited.
- § 5a Gesetz betreffend die Gesellschaften mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbHG) – Unternehmergesellschaft
- § 7 GmbHG – Anmeldung der Gesellschaft
- § 8 GmbHG – Inhalt der Anmeldung
- § 12 Handeslgesetzbuch (HGB) – Anmeldungen zur Eintragung und Einreichungen
- Gesetz über Kosten der freiwilligen Gerichtsbarkeit für Gerichte und Notare (Gerichts- und Notarkostengesetz – GNotKG)
- Verordnung über Gebühren in Handels-, Partnerschafts- und Genossenschaftsregistersachen (HRegGebV), Anlage (zu § 1) Gebührenverzeichnis
Saxon State Ministry of Economics, Labor and Transport. 23.08.2017